Monday, July 14, 2014

Sausage and Pepper Cups

I hate wasting food.  Of course I have the occasional blunder and forget about some fresh produce until it is too late, but I try to make sure that doesn't happen.  Well recently I had a bunch of leftover wonton wrappers and no clue what to do with them.  After poking around the freezer a bit a little inspiration hit me.  I saw a lot of people using them to make taco cups, but why not use them for other fun mini entrees?  Thus the sausage and pepper cups was born.


Although mine was short on the pepper part.
They were really good, and pretty addicting too.  My boyfriend fell in love with them.  It would be a great party food.

Ingredients:
1 package wonton wrappers
1 lb sausage in casing (I used Irish garlic, but that is seasonal around here, use the flavor you prefer)
2 large onion, diced
2 large bell peppers, diced
2 can diced potato (its all I had, you could also use two medium fresh diced baked potatoes)
Salt, pepper, and paprika to taste


Method: 

  1. Cook sausage in oven at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until cooked through let cool enough to handle
  2. In a large pan sweat onion and bell peppers
  3. Mix in potatoes to the onion mix and season to taste
  4. Dice sausage and mix into the onion mix
  5. In muffin tin place a wonton wrapper into each cup
  6. Spoon in the mixture into the cups
  7. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes
  8. Take out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment