Guess what? It is September. Know what that means? It is officially time for fall food. What better way to start than with a nice hardy soup? Tuscan turkey sausage soup is so good for you. It is stuffed full of vegetables and whole grains. It is also delicious. My boyfriend hates soup, but he loved it. It also got my coworkers seal of approval.
|Tastes like comfort and warmth.|
Two big pots = one huge
Also, it doesn't take all day to make. Yes, the longer you cook soup, the better it taste. But this stuff is so full of flavor, you won't even notice.
Here is the recipe:
2 lbs sweet turkey sausage (getting the links is fine if you have to, just empty them out)
1 lb whole grain bow-ties (or any fun shape of your choosing)
4 quarts chicken stock
3 carrots, chopped
6 oz fresh spinach
15 oz can chickpeas, drained
2 cans of diced tomatoes (15 oz a piece, don't drain)
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 T dried basil
1 t red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Add carrots and sausage to a large saucepan and cook until the sausage is browned
2. Add onion and garlic, cook until carrots are tender
3. Add chicken stock, tomatoes, chickpeas, basil, red pepper, and pasta. Bring to a boil
4. Reduce to a simmer and cook for at least 15 minutes
5. Add spinach, season, and cook until tender
6. Serve and top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.